Working with Eagle Alloy
Whether you’re improving an existing part or bringing a new product to market, metal casting can be a great choice. No matter why you’re interested in buying cast parts, Eagle Alloy welcomes your business.
When you work with Eagle Alloy, your first point of contact will be with a representative of our sales department, who will help you determine the optimal materials and processes for your product. Next, you’ll interact with our engineering team to further develop your design. With knowledge, experience and the latest tools at our disposal, we can save you time and money by preventing future issues early in the design stage. Once your design is ready, we’ll get started on what we do best: manufacturing quality cast parts. We’ll handle tooling, prototyping, manufacturing, finishing and quality control. Once Eagle Alloy goes to work, you can relax and get ready for your first batch to arrive.
Determining Your Needs
Before you start collecting quotes for buying cast parts, here are some key questions you should ask yourself:
- What material is the part to be made of?
- What are the projected order quantities and annual quantities?
- What is the desired surface finish?
- What tolerance range is necessary?
- Is there significant machining required to the finished part?
- Initial tooling costs differ greatly from one casting process to another. Which is more important to the project: tooling price or casting price?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help guide you toward the optimum casting method and help you avoid over-spending.
Tolerances, Capabilities and Alloys Poured
Typical Dimensional Tolerances
- Shell Mold: +/- .030″ (.75mm) – +/- .098″ (2.5mm), depending on size of casting
- Air Set: +/- .063″ (1.6mm) – +/- .251″ (6.4mm), depending on size of casting
Typical Surface Finishes
- Shell Mold: 150-300 RMS
- Air Set: 250-560 RMS
Size and Weight Limitations
- Typical weight range: 1 lbs – 400 lbs net
- Largest overall dimensions: 30″ x 40″ x 14″
- Typical production quantity:
- Shell: 100 – 5,000 pcs per run
- Air Set: 25 – 100 pcs per run
For more a more detailed breakdown of tolerances and capabilities, download the resources below:
Request a Quote from Eagle Alloy
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions supersede any other unless agreed to in writing.
- Our liability is limited to cost of our casting including associated freight and surcharges present at time of billing.
- Material Certifications are available upon request for an added cost. Cost of certifications depends on type requested.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, shipping box / pallet billed separately.
- Tooling invoice payment due 30 days after sample approval.
- Payment terms NET 30 days, unless otherwise specified by Eagle Alloy. Shipments may be held pending receipt of delinquent payments.
- INCOTERMS for freight for domestic shipments are CAP – Muskegon, MI and ship collect. For international shipments INCOTERMS are EXW – Muskegon, MI and ship collect.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, casting cost does not include metal surcharge currently in effect.
- Surcharges are subject to monthly adjustment and are determined at the time of order placement. Surcharges are calculated using rough casting weight.
- Minimum release value for Shell-molded product is $2,500.
- Sample lead time starts after all AQP issues have been satisfied. Tooling price and lead time assumes customer can provide required CAD models. Customer may contract with Eagle Alloy to create CAD models and drawings for an additional charge.
- All purchased tooling is the responsibility of the owner/customer to insure.
- Unless otherwise negotiated, castings will be produced to MSS-SP-55 Standard.
- Cancelled orders may be subject to cancellation charges if production has already been started.
- Credit for rejected castings limited to 12 months from shipment.
- Any tooling that is inactive for a 24 month period can be subject to storage fees.
- Eagle Alloy traditionally makes up to 10% over the order quantity to account for in-process loss. All acceptable castings will ship so the possibility of over shipments up to 10% of order quantity must be allowed.
- Our books and records, financial or otherwise, are the property of Eagle Alloy, Inc. and are not available for public inspection.
- Unless otherwise specified above or agreed to in writing, all terms and conditions follow standard foundry industry practice.